We link to the most important government resources regarding US immigration across the internet including the websites of the following agencies: USCIS, ICE, CBP, the Immigration Courts, EOIR, BIA, State Department (DOS), Labor Department (DOL), OCAHO, the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Federal Courts and more.
This page enables you to read and research all laws and regulations relating to US immigration online. We link to internal USCIS Operating Instructions, Interpretations and other hard-to-find sources of agency policies and procedures. We make it easy for you to download government forms and apply for immigration benefits.
We link to the websites of the all major government departments and agencies which relate to US immigration laws and procedures. We link not only to the homepages of these agencies, but to specific and useful pages within their websites. Our aim is to save you as many hours of time and effort as possible.
Interested in obtaining a temporary visa? We link to the USCIS and DOS pages which discuss the requirements for each type of temporary visa.
Want to apply for a green card? Whether your are seeking to obtain permanent residence through marriage, family members, employment, investment or the visa lottery, we link to government pages which explain each of these processes in detail.
Ready to become a US citizen? We link to USCIS’ Naturalization Guide, a history and government self-test and much more for those seeking to apply for US citizenship.
Are you in removal proceedings? We link to important resources provided by the Immigration Courts, the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and the Federal Courts regarding deportation defense.
Are you an employer? Check out our Employers Compliance Guide and learn more about sponsoring employees for temporary work visas and green cards, E-Verify and how to comply with I-9 laws.
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) and has written hundreds of articles and filmed dozens of videos about each of the above subjects.
“I can honestly say that Mr. Carl Shusterman and his team are probably the best in the business when it comes to immigration matters. Carl’s greatest asset is his prior work experience as a former INS prosecutor. My family and I were on the verge of being deported from the United States. Because of Carl’s expertise and dedication, not only are we allowed to remain in this country permanently but are on path of obtaining citizenship…” (More client reviews…)
Skype Consultations Available!
Government Resources is divided into the following subtopics:
- Laws and Regulations
- Government Studies on Immigration
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor
- Department of State
- Social Security Administration
LAWS & REGULATIONS: GOVERNMENT RESOURCES
- The Immigration and Nationality Act (USCIS)
- Search Immigration Regulations in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- USCIS Federal Register Announcements
- USCIS Adoption
- Interpretations of Citizenship Laws and Court Decisions (USCIS)
- The Federal Register (Daily listing of Federal Regulations)
- Immigration Federal Register Publications
- Search the United States Code (Titles 1 – 50)
- Search the Congressional Record
GOVERNMENT STUDIES ON IMMIGRATION
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Office Of The Inspector General (Department of Justice) Audit Reports On The USCIS/INS
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
- U.S. Department of Justice Home Page
- Office of Special Counsel (OSC) for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
U.S. SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION