consular processing How can you obtain lawful permanent residence through a US Embassy or Consulate abroad, commonly known as Consular Processing?

If you reside outside of the US or are ineligible to adjust your status in the US, you may be eligible to apply for lawful permanent residence at the US Embassy or Consulate in the country where you are a national.  Once the USCIS approves the visa petition submitted by your relative (form I130) or employer (form I-140), the approved petition will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC).


“I can honestly say that Mr. Carl Shusterman and his team are probably the best in the business when it comes to immigration matters. Carl’s greatest asset is his prior work experience as a former INS prosecutor. My family and I were on the verge of being deported from the United States. Because of Carl’s expertise and dedication, not only are we allowed to remain in this country permanently but are on path of obtaining citizenship…” (More client reviews…)


Schedule Consultation

Skype Consultations Available!


When your priority date is almost current, the NVC will request that you pay your government filing fees and submit the necessary paperwork for your immigrant visa interview.  As soon as you comply, the NVC will forward your paperwork to the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate which will schedule you, and your spouse and children, for an immigrant visa interview as soon as your priority date is current.

Once your application for an immigrant visa, and any waivers which may be required, are approved, you and your family will be able to travel to the United States to seek admission for lawful permanent residence.


Green Cards Through Consular Processing is divided into the following topics:



State Department Resources



Consular Processing Links



Success Stories – Consular Processing



More success stories…



Google +