Attorney Raj Iyer has an extensive background in employment and family-based immigration. He handles all aspects of business immigration at the Law Offices of Carl Shusterman, working with both corporate and individual clients. Raj Iyer has a wide breadth of experience in assisting employers with sponsoring their employees for permanent residence and temporary work visas such as H-1B, L-1, TN, O, P and E visas. His expertise covers immigrant visa petitions filed under the extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher, multinational manager and executive, and EB-5 investment categories. He also helps clients file labor certification PERM applications and national interest waivers.
In addition to helping clients obtain green cards and temporary visas, Attorney Iyer advises small and large corporations in a variety of industries on immigration issues arising from corporate reorganizations, mergers, and layoffs. He works hand-in-hand with clients to develop effective strategies for business immigration while ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations as required by immigration laws, the Labor Department, and USCIS.
With specialized knowledge of I-9 topics, he works closely with Human Resource personnel during the recruitment and hiring processes, performs I-9 audits for employers, and advises corporations on a variety of other worksite enforcement issues.
“In September 2012, Mr. Raj was appointed by Mr Carl Shusterman to assist my brother in an attempt to revoke his petition after 4 years of filing. Mr. Raj even worked after hours midnight until midnight. After preparing all the paper work in 7 days , my brother got the visa to the United States in three months demonstrating Mr.Raj’s hard work and devotion to his work. We just submitted the third case in their office even though we live in Kansas. I would recommend him in any immigrant visa case. Thank you so much for your help.” (More Client Reviews…)
Raj Iyer has participated in several seminars on employment-based immigration, and was a speaker at the American Immigration Lawyers Association Southern California Chapter Seminar “Hot Topics in PERM”.
He is a member of the State Bar of California, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA).
Born in India, Raj Iyer is fluent in Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- I-601 Waivers Granted (June 2015)
- J-1 Waiver Victory (December 2014)
- Overturning the Denial of a PERM Application (April 2014)
- Saving Our Client from the 10 Year Bar (March 2014)
- Obtaining an E-2 Treaty Investor’s Visa (November 2013)
- Finding Another Way to Work in the U.S. Following an L-1 Denial (September 2013)
- Winning an I-140 Appeal (August 2013)
- Overcoming the Denial of an I-140 Petition (June 2013)
- Getting an H-1B Approved for a Remote Worker (March 2012)
- Extreme Hardship Waiver Brings Dog Trainer Home to His Pack (September 2011)
- Obtaining a Waiver for the Permanent Bar (April 2011)