Immigration in the News
Immigration in the News 2014 links to various news and media outlets’ reports concerning immigration.
Often, the plight of immigrants in the United States is understood only by them and by those who either study immigrants or assist them in asserting their legal rights. Newspapers and other media outlets tell the story of many immigrants, legal and illegal, and how they are affected by our broken immigration system.
When one of our clients has a particularly compelling story, we sometimes approach the press and many times the media’s coverage of their story has helped to resolve their immigration problem.
“Very professional law firm. We had a difficult issue and Mr. Shusterman’s office got right onto the case and resolved the issue with USCIS. Because of their efforts, me and my family were able to get our Legal Permanent Residency card. My suggestion to those trying to obtain an employment based card. Don’t look for a money saving attorney. They will cost you lot more in long run. Go to a law firm which is professional and knowledgeable. It pays in the long term.” (More client reviews…)
Skype Consultations Available!
We also link to stories focusing specifically on Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation.
Immigration in the News 2014 – November
- Tune In: The President Addresses the Nation on Immigration Reform (11-19-14)
- Obama Poised to Announce Go-it-Alone Plan on Immigration Thursday (11-19-14)
- Orange is the New Black Actress Pushes Obama for Immigration Overhaul (11-17-14)
- Obama Said to Plan Moves to Shield 5 Million Immigrants (11-13-14)
- Conservatives Threaten Immigration Showdown (11-12-14)
- Obama Pledges Immigration Executive Order by the End of the Year (11-5-14)
- Push for Immigration Reform (11-5-14)
Immigration in the News 2014 – October
- Young Immigrant Activists Putting Pressure on Hillary Clinton to Address Immigration (10-31-14)
- Immigration Advocates Warn Obama Tot to Think Small on Immigration (10-29-14)
- Feds Getting Ready for Executive Action on Immigration (10-21-14)
- Thousands Released After Immigration Holds Denied (10-17-14)
- Attorney Shusterman on “Oregon First Lady Admits Previously Undisclosed Green Card Marriage” (10-10-14)
- Obama: GOP Immigration Stance is Political Suicide (10-10-14)
- Attorney Shusterman: Children Are Being Turned Back Without Due Process (10-7-14)
- President Obama Reaffirms Promise to Act Without Congress on Immigration Reform, After Election Day (10-3-14)
- Labor Sec. Perez on Immigration: We Have to Get It Right (10-1-14)
Immigration in the News in Previous Years
- Immigration in the Media – 2014 Summer
- Immigration in the Media – 2014 Spring
- Immigration in the Media – 2014 Winter
- Immigration in the Media – 2013 Fall
- Immigration in the Media – 2013 Summer
- Immigration in the Media – 2013 Spring
- Immigration in the Media – 2013 Winter
- Immigration in the Media – 2012 Fall
- Immigration in the Media – 2012 Summer
- Immigration in the Media – 2012 Spring
- Immigration in the Media – 2012 Winter
- Immigration in the Media – 2011
- Immigration in the Media – 2010
- Immigration in the Media – 2009
- Immigration in the Media – Before 2009