Green Cards For Family Members

Each year, over 500,000 persons obtain lawful permanent residence in the U.S. by being sponsored by a relative. This page teaches you how you can obtain a green card through family members.

U.S. citizens may sponsor the following relatives for lawful permanent residence: spouses, children, adult sons and daughters, parents and brothers and sisters.

U.S. permanent residents are limited to sponsoring spouses, children and unmarried adult sons and daughters.

Green Cards For Family Members Except for spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens who are deemed “immediate relatives”, all other categories of relatives are subject to a numerically-limited preference system.


“Very professional law firm. We had a difficult issue and Mr. Shusterman’s office got right onto the case and resolved the issue with USCIS. Because of their efforts, me and my family were able to get our Legal Permanent Residency card. My suggestion to those trying to obtain employment based card. Don’t look for a money saving attorney. They will cost you a lot more in long run. Go to a law firm which is professional and knowledgeable. It pays in the long term..” (More client reviews…)


Schedule Consultation

Skype Consultations Available!


Green Cards for Family Members is divided into the following topics:



Related Pages:



Videos – Green Cards For Family Members


  • How to Obtain a Green Card Through Marriage
    Immigrants who marry U.S. citizens are considered “immediate relatives” when obtaining green cards, freeing them from quota restrictions and allowing them to adjust their status to permanent residents.


  • Green Cards for Family Members
    U.S. citizens may sponsor their spouses, parents, children, and siblings for green cards while green card holders may apply for their spouses and unmarried children.




Success Stories : Green Cards for Family Members



More success stories…


General Information – Green Cards For Family Members



Google +